This school aims at preparing young researchers to tackle the current and anticipated challenges at magnetic fusion devices, and spreading the global knowledge required for a timely and competent exploitation of the ITER physics potential.
To provide an overview of MHD interacting with energetic particles issues, with regard to ITER project.
Title of the school
MHD and Energetic Particles
- Key energetic-particles issues for ITER
- Theory of EP-driven modes and associated transport
- Historical review of kinetic MHD
- Kinetic linear stability of EP-MHD modes
- Turbulent transport of fast particles
- Diagnostics of EP-MHD modes
- Experimental observation of EP-driven modes
- Diagnostics for EP-driven modes
- The use of fast particle driven modes for MHD spectroscopy
- Modelling of EP-MHD modes
- MHD modes driven by fast electrons : theory
- MHD modes driven by fast electrons : experiment
- Nonlinear dynamics of EP-driven modes
- Hybrid simulations of EP-MHD modes
The complete programme is available here.